Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fun in a Box



Thing 1 and Thing 2 (a team member and I) had fun playing phonics & sight-word games, reading Dr. Seuss books, making Green Eggs and Ham, and modeling a Dr. Seuss inspired writing activity.  The Cat in the Hat had fun in another 1st grade class.  We will continue with more Dr. Seuss activities tomorrow and Friday.

Yes, that's Justin Bieber reading to our 1st graders.  The boys were not impressed. The girls went crazy.  Thing 1 used her best Valley Girl accent to express her excitement (Funny!).




My daughter read Green Eggs and Ham while my team mate and I cooked.  My grand-daughter enjoyed eating green eggs. 





After making a clover with Whoville on it, the students listened as a helper read Horton Hears a Who. 


I found this Dr. Seuss flipchart last year.  It was perfect for this year.  Yesterday during our CASA (Collaborating Around Student Achievement) meeting, we discussed doing more activities with nonsense words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment